Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Identity Swap: Bolts and Stars

While I've made other concepts, I haven't stopped with my Identity Swaps. This time, I made a full swap between the Stars and Lightning.

This pair was obvious to make, since when the Stars announced their rebrand a few years ago, everyone freaked out about the possibility of the Stars copying the Lightning and playing Original 6 Dress-Up. (I guess we should've paid more attention to the Hurricanes, but that's another story.

The first swap, Dallas in the style of Tampa, was pretty straightforward. I replaced all blue with green, and all bolts with stars. For the pants, since stretching a star down the length of the pants wouldn't work, I decided to go with a mix between both teams' 90s styles.

On the away jersey, I replaced "Tampa Bay" with "Dallas".  


The next swap had the same eases and difficulties, but this time the bolt-star dimensions mismatch is more front and centre, on the primary logo.

To try to fix it, I tried many combinations, before coming up with this, which looks less layered than the Stars logo.

The rest was straightforward, replacing green with blue.

What do you think?
Comment below!

No comments: