Monday, May 22, 2017

Classic Leafs

 When I saw the Leafs jersey redesign this year, I was disappointed. While it's beginning to grow on me, I still feel like there are tonnes of options they could've gone with to accompany their amazing new logo.

The first place I looked for inspiration was the socks they ditched after years for their new design. I wanted to keep those.

So, I went with an arm design based on those socks, with a little box for the TV numbers inside the middle stripe. On the hem, I only kept one set of Northwestern stripes on the hem to simplify the look.


I also liked their St. Pats jersey this year, but it only works on St. Patrick's Day, so I wanted to modernize them to be used as a full-time alternate jersey.

First off, I replaced all the green with blue, then reversed the blue and white to make it a dark jersey. I kept the simple striping pattern, but replaced the logo with a wordmark from the current leaf laid out like the original St. Pats jersey.

To stay consistent with the chest logo, I also put the numbers, in their current font, in the sleeve stripes. To finish the jersey off, I made a new shoulder patch, putting the old shoulder patch's veins inside the new leaf.

I really like how it came out.



What do you think?
Comment below!

No comments: