Monday, January 23, 2017

California's Future

With the Sharks getting even more competitive, the Anaheim-San Jose rivalry is heating up. Today, I look ahead to the future, with concepts for their California affiliates, the San Jose Barracuda and the San Diego Gulls.

Both jerseys are currently good enough, but I wanted to give them both looks that they could own, while clearly being affiliated with their respective NHL teams.

For the Barracuda, I pretended that the wave in the background is just that, a wave, and not an advertisement. I cleaned up the colour patterns, and applied them in wave designs on the arms and hem. The rest of the set takes cues from the Sharks' current uniform, including the equipment and shoulders, while swapping out the current curling shark for that of the Los Tiberones logo set.


For the Gulls, I was inspired by the Mighty Ducks era. The arm and hem striping takes the angles from those jerseys, but uses a pattern from the SD logo. To give the jerseys more of a modern touch, I applied the current Ducks yokes to this set.


 Comment below!

No comments: