Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Kachina Komeback

The Coyotes' inaugural jerseys weren't a particularly bad idea- they were just executed in a 90s eyesore way. They were unique; something their first redesign didn't. That desert red and white set wasn't a bad idea either, but they weren't unique either. Their most recent set, although maligned originally, had the right idea with the addition of black. I wanted to combine all those ideas into a classic and modern style that I employ so much.

I used black yokes, like currently found on the 'Yotes jerseys, on the desert red jersey, with a simplified Kachina pattern underneath. I flipped that arrangement upside-down on the hem. On the white jersey, I removed the black yokes and added desert red cuffs. I swapped the A-paw patch on the home shoulders for the updated AZ patch, like their current jerseys. These aren't as simple as my first go at this look, but I think it works.


What do you think? Comment below!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you introduced white in the same way you have the red on your white jersey to the red jersey, and dropped the black sleeves, you would have a pretty solid look.

Lucas said...

Thanks for the comment!
I did try that, but the white does get overpowering. The more I look at it, the more I see that the black is also overpowering, so I see your point.