Thursday, March 02, 2017

Colours of Winnipeg

In my opinion, the Jets have some of the top uniforms in the NHL right now: great colour balance, mix between classic and modern, a nice logo, and an outstanding Heritage Classic uniform. This isn't a detriment to the set, but their logo has a whopping six colours in it, and if that wasn't enough, they used yet another colour in their jerseys. In their defense, the jerseys only have three colours, but I still wanted to make a set using all the colours in the logo.

I used the design illusion of identical striping on both jerseys, using coloured upper arms on the away and coloured cuffs on the home. The striping uses a two tone stripe of grey, along with a thinner stripe of red. I elected to go with no shoulder logo, as the striping was busy enough. To top it off, I outlined the hems and straightened out their number set.
What do you think? Comment below!

No comments: