Wednesday, February 08, 2017

PA Sketches

The two NHL teams calling Pennsylvania home are in the league's upper echelon when it comes to jersey design. But their logos and history give inspiration for other great designs, which I try my hand at today.

The Penguins just switched to their Cup-winning 90s set, with a few changes here and there. The one thing that bothers me is the home jersey's inconsistency; I'd be happy if the hem stripes matched the arm stripes. Here, I use a completely different design, with a striping arrangement reminiscent of their original Vegas gold uniform set, with the pattern and colours from their current set.


The Flyers current uniform is an Edge-ified version of their original set, with a unique full length yoke that is classic and modern in my opinion. Before this set, however, was a modern design that didn't look good. With the popularity of their 2011 Winter Classic jerseys, the current design was quickly put into place. But those modern jerseys show that the Flyers could go with a modern design, which I tried to do here, adding more black into the look, using striping from the logo and throwing back to the old Philly Quakers.

What do you think? Comment below!

No comments: